Friday, June 27, 2014

No Crust Apple Pie

This recipe is super easy. 20 minutes maximum! 5 min to prep, 3 minutes to cook and 8-10 minutes to simmer. Then it is just put it together and enjoy!



What you need:

1 large apple
3 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1/8 cup whipped cream (optional)
1/8 rectangle of graham cracker crumbled



Steps:

1. Place apples, sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch together in a small skillet. Stir occasionally until a paste forms.



2. Pour in water. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until apples are tender.



3. Pour apple mixture into a glass. Top with whipped cream (optional) and graham crackers.



Nutrition with whipped cream: Calories 200, Fat 5g, Carbs 41.5, Protein 0.5g

I wanted something sweet and I can't handle leftovers since I will just eat it all anyway. So, I thought, "how many people want recipes that work for just one (maybe two) person?" I think quite a few so I am starting this blog. 

If not very many people find this useful, it will at least be a place to house all my recipes for me and my family.

I am quite health conscience. For a few years I was vegan, but have added back in Salmon, Greek yogurt and eggs to help get enough protein since I an avid runner. Most of my recipes will be vegan or easily adapted to being vegan and gluten free. I do not add much sugar, so keep in mind that you might have to add more sugar if you have a sweet tooth.





No comments:

Post a Comment